Backup and Disaster Recovery
All organizations have business critical data and applications that need to be protected. With so many organizations having limited IT budgets and resources, looking after all this data can be a major challenge. Sometimes, things just go wrong. Email servers fail, someone accidentally deletes a file (or even worse, an entire folder of business-critical information), files get corrupted, and occasionally, disasters DO happen. IntraSystems can provide your organization with that peace of mind knowing that your business data will be available – no matter what happens.
With portable media such as tapes, CD’s, floppy disks, and pen drives, you run several risks. Tapes and disks are infamously failure-prone and are susceptible to damage by the environment and improper handling. They can also be ruined by electromagnetic fields that are emitted by electronic devices that create the data. Moreover, when there is a need to recover files, many times portable media fails. Studies show that over 34% of companies do not test their backups and of those tested, 77% found that tape backups failed to restore data. Microsoft has reported that 42% of attempted recoveries from tape backups in the past year have failed.
IntraSystems can protect your organization from data loss. IntraSystems offers a hybrid solution, where your data is stored locally on an onsite appliance for fast backup and restore and also securely replicated offsite. Our solution gives your organization the ability to implement a data protection strategy that includes offsite storage of a backup of your data without requiring physical transportation of the data from your location to another remote storage location – which often means an organization’s employee taking tapes in his car to his home.
Consider the following features:
- No software agents to install or manage
- Backup and restore for Windows, Linux, and Mac OSX machines concurrently
- Microsoft application aware backups (Exchange, SQL, Active Directory, and SharePoint)
- Image backup and Bare Metal Restore (BMR) of laptops, desktops, and servers
- Update interval as short as 15 minutes
- Backup and BMR of virtual servers (VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and XenServer)
- Reverse incremental technology enables fastest possible restores
- Anti-corruption technology to ensure health of backups
- End user or administrator driven data recovery
- Customizable scheduling and retention policies for compliance and archiving